Data Engineer (f/m/diverse)
As a Data Engineer (f/m/diverse), you'll be designing and implementing ETL and data processing solutions through our modern cloud stack. Your systems will suck up data from different products we offer to our customer base (Web and App) and pump that data harmonized towards the consuming systems. You are the enabler of the data analyst team to give them the power of getting the right data at the right time from the right systems.
- Be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of robust data pipelines which back our recommendation systems
- Work closely with our Data Scientists to develop and productionize predictive models
- Own your code, decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well as operate large-scale ETL processes
- Be in charge of conceptualizing, developing, and maintaining clean and efficient code
- You ensure to deliver towards our stakeholders' needs and make sure we manage growth via scalable and clean solutions.
Our Tech Stack: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, R, Python, Scala, Azure Cloud
- Experience in building data models and pipelines as well as strong experience in developing and launching ETL pipelines to transfer data
- Experience in handling structured and unstructured data from different sources
- Experience in developing scripts and tools to enable faster data consumption
- Experience with SQL, cloud platforms, (un)structured data, and programming experience with R, Python or Scala
- Understanding of distributed systems, software development, and agile development
- You love to work with multiple teams in high visibility roles and owning end-to-end data solutions
- You love to define and manage overall schedules and availability of all data sets
- You like to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and get things done quickly
- University Degree in Computer Science or any related field
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark Hive or distributed data processing
- Experience deploying and making available machine learning pipelines via APIs to live systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
For the moment we don't partner with recruitment agencies, executive search & outsourcing companies, we are doing our recruitment exclusively in-house. All candidates' profiles that will be sent directly to us or to our career portal by external providers will be considered direct applications.
- Fly with friends and family around the world – use the entire Lufthansa and partner network
- Discover the world within 30 vacation days a year
- Permanent employment contract
- With your company public transport ticket you arrive relaxed at work
- Complex projects with a lot of personal responsibility
- With our trust-based working hours, you are flexible in your working hours
- High performers are challenged and supported
- Modern office in a central location
- Fruit and drinks are ready for you in the office
51147 Köln Germany
Your contact person:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our Company.